On 10/09/14 13:21, Nux! wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to get some scripts working which would take a password
from stdin and set it for root. In Linux "passwd --stdin" is used, in
FreeBSD "pw mod user root -h 0". How would I do this in OpenBSD?

Thanks, Lucian

in addition to the already provided tip... consider this:

Disable root password logins completely. Change the (encrypted) password to something nonsense or one or 13 "*"s, and use either sudo or SSH keys to get root acceess. This has the added advantages of no one having "extra" access by having root pw, no need to share/distribute root pw, etc. And unlike a number of other Unixes, this works very nicely.

Nick.