On 10/14/14 01:18, Nux! wrote:
Alexander,

Nice idea, better than getting stuck with same size.
I know this is very relative, but which partition gets used most in OpenBSD in
your experience? /var or /home?

It depends. For a server, /var. For a workstation, probably /home. Both of those should already be mounted at that time, though, so they are probably not the easiest targets.

I tend to add a larger /data, /bigtmp or /whatever, and then symlink into it, potentially from various places.

OTOH, if you cannot even say which one you need, why forcibly partition and mount it? Just let it stay unpartitioned until really needed.

Also please note that I forgot newfs + mount in my example.

/Alexander

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Hall" <alexan...@beard.se>
To: "Nux!" <n...@li.nux.ro>, "Otto Moerbeek" <o...@drijf.net>
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Sent: Tuesday, 14 October, 2014 00:13:14
Subject: Re: Live resize / filesystem?

On 10/13/14 20:45, Nux! wrote:
Otto,

Thanks, but this will be a "cloud template", all other templates I'm
  building (linux, freebsd) expand partition and filesystem upon first
  boot, was hoping to achieve the same. Not sure how reinstall would
  help in this case, though I am open to any advice.

Unless you really need a single large root partition, you can run
disklabel at first boot to create one or more partitions in the
unpartitioned space at the end of your disk.

Sth like this in /etc/rc.firsttime:

        printf '%s\n' a p '' '' '' w q | sudo disklabel -E sd0
        echo '/dev/sd0p /data ffs rw,nodev,nosuid 1 2' >> /etc/fstab

/Alexander

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro