Hi misc,

I'm setting up a new backup server, and I'm looking at using a SAS
connected tape drive. Now, last time I set up a tape station UWSCSI was
in high fashion, so it was a while ago... :-)

I've tried to research how to best connect the (not yet purchased) drive
to an OpenBSD box, but come up blank so far.

I don't need a full SAS RAID controller (and I'm not sure they would
accept tape drives), so I'm looking at simple "dumb" HBA:s. (And I'm
assuming normal dumb SATA interfaces aren't up to the task.)

Would something like the LSI SAS 9211-4i work, and would the st(4)
driver pick up a tape drive attached to one?

http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sas_hba/sas9211-4i.asp

Or does anyone have a better (read: cheaper) suggestion, perferrably
something that is field-tested and known to work? :-)

Any pointers are much appreciated and I'm open to any idea except "use
hard drives, they're cheap". :-) No, I need a tape drive for this.

Thanks,

/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny Lofgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,