Hi folks,

Maybe this is by design but it seems odd to me.

I have a site55-hostname.tgz file with all of my local customizations,
and it installs great over http.
However, /etc/mygate ends up being based on the input I provided
during the upgrade script.
And /etc/hostname.bnx3 as well (install took place through bnx3, I did
not configure any other interface during the install).  Both of these
files are in site55-hostname.tgz and those files are what I want used
in my final system.

I would expect site55-hostname.tgz to be untarred last and would
expect the mygate and hostname.bnx3 found therein to be what I end up
with after booting, but that is not the case.

I work around the issue with some fancy footwork in a post-install
script I've provided, but it seems to me to be something that should
not have to be worked around.

Is there a rational for this?

thanks,
-Alan

--
"Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV"