On 24/11/14(Mon) 08:11, Maximilian Pichler wrote:
> Thanks for the explanations!
>
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Martin Pieuchot <mpieuc...@nolizard.org>
> wrote:
> > On 24/11/14(Mon) 09:04, Peter Hessler wrote:
> >> Can you switch from the graphical console (ctrl-alt-f5) to a text
> >> console (ctrl-alt-f1), and back?  That may help with input device
> >> related problems.
> >
> > That won't work in this case.  His pointer isn't behind the mux and
> > needs to be calibrated.
>
> It's even slightly worse: after resuming, the keyboard still works in
> X, but switching to a text console (either via ctrl-alt-f1 or by
> quitting X) results in the keyboard being unusable, i.e. typing
> anything results in garbled characters. I therefore cannot even try
> your previous suggestions of restarting X.

This is a bug.

> Here is yet another experiment: after booting into text console mode,
> suspend and resume. The keyboard still works. However, now attempting
> to start X results in a black screen. Killing X and starting it a
> second time works (and mouse and keyboard are fine within X). The
> difference between the logs are:

The black screen is another issue related to the graphic driver.

Regarding your mouse, it is normal that suspending the machine in
console does not have the same effect as in X.  Because only X
calibrates it.  For that it needs to open a specific device node
in /dev which is closed when you suspend the machine.  The problem
is that we have currently no way to tell X to re-open such node in
order to re-calibrate your pointer.