On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 09:21:53PM -0600, Boris Goldberg wrote:

>   Has anyone used the OpenBSD with really big arrays - 50 to 200 terabytes?
> Are there any issues? Is there a rule about how many gigabytes of RAM per
> terabyte mounted is needed?

OpenBSD's documentation are really a gem of the project. Here's a quick
one from FAQ 14.8:

"A rough guideline is the system should have at least 1M of available
memory for every 1G of disk space to successfully fsck the disk. Swap
can be used here, but at a very significant performance penalty, so
severe that it is usually unacceptable, except in special cases."

In that big arrray you're interested to build, I would be more concern
about the time to fsck.

Ref: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#LargeDrive