On Dec 10, 2014 10:03 PM, "STeve Andre'" <and...@msu.edu> wrote:

> On 12/10/14 20:51, Stan Gammons wrote:
>>
>> When will new packages be built for AMD64?   I'm getting library errors
>> with the latest snapshot and the current packages.
>>
>> Stan
>>

> They come out frequently, but not on a set schedule.  Since the
> last set came out on the 6th, I would expect the next set in the
> next several days -- unless some change caused a cascade of
> non-compiles in which case the problem will be worked on before
> the next release.
>
> You might want to subscribe to the ports-changes changes list,
> which will show you what's been changed.  The source-changes
> list will show you all the other cvs commits.  Look at
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html

Ok.  The way I normally update is by downloading the install5x.iso, make
the cd and boot from it, do an upgrade, reboot, do a sysmerge, then do
pkg_add -u.  After all the failures because of the library mismatch, kde4
will no longer start due to an ssl library mismatch.  Bummer...  Looks like
it's wait until new packages are built.

Stan