Tuyosi Takesima <nakajin.fu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi ,all .
>
> in arch linux , apache's 'AuthType Basic' is easy .
>
> i follow
> http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/flinux/rensai/linuxtips/698apachebasic.html  as a
> whole.
> detail is a little different .  the following .
>
> # ls -l /srv/http/
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   28 12??? 10 12:03 index.html
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 12??? 10 13:09 member
>

> # head /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> <Directory "/srv/http/member">
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthName "Secret Zone"
>     AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/.htpasswd
>     Require user secret
> </Directory>
>

> htpasswd  -c /etc/httpd/.htpasswd secret
>

> but openbsd's apache is defferent .
> this method is out .
>
> there is little iformation on iternet about openbsd's 'AuthType Basic' .
> what should i do ?
> --------
> the newest is not best . the best is best .

You have not adequately explained your problem, but I will try to
answer.

First I will note that you want to look for material in English. I
cannot verify this first-hand, because I do not understand Japanese
writings, but I feel that there is not going to be much on OpenBSD in
Japanese. There is no official Japanese documentation. The project
originates from an English-speaking part of the world, and there is
simply not enough manpower to keep international documentation up to
date.

The best documentation is the manuals that come with the system and the
FAQ on http://www.openbsd.org/faq/. This is the only official
documentation. It is always kept up to date, unlike the tutorials you
may find elsewhere.

As for the immediate question, OpenBSD base had a fork of Apache 1.x
prior to 5.6. This was removed in 5.6 and is no longer available. In 5.6
the Apache 1.x httpd was replaced with a OpenBSD-specific httpd. OpenBSD
base also contains nginx. It is also possible to install Apache 2.x on
OpenBSD from ports.

OpenBSD httpd does not support authentication. So that will not work
for you. Your options are to learn to configure nginx or to install
Apache 2.x and configure it.

If you install Apache 2.x it will work just like any other installation
of Apache.

-- Martin