Damon Getsman <damo.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, can anybody tell me, is my situation just so hosed that it's helpless?
> I mean, should I stop waiting for potential ways to fix this dependency
> hosed box and reinstall and try to find a way to re-inject all of my data
> into it, or are the gurus just swamped with new years tasks?  :)  If any of
> you could give me some feedback I'd really appreciate it.  Like I said with
> the issue when I was first mentioning it, this system is really integral to
> a lot of the work that I do, and it's my sole external facing server...
> It's like a knife in my gut not having it working.
>
> -Damon

At this point, I don't know if anyone can tell what's wrong or how to fix it.
You might as well reinstall.  How spread out is your data?  Save /home, /etc,
and pkg_info -qm and off you go.

I usually make /etc a git repo so I can diff and roll back changes, etc. And
keep a seperate partition for backups so I can wipe the system drive and
reinstall if needed (haven't needed it yet).

You could also try to make a site.tgz of your data to make reinstallation
easier if it's that complex.

Tim.