> Am 14.01.2015 um 09:43 schrieb Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>:
>
> On 2015-01-13, Patrick Wildt <m...@patrick-wildt.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, it’s kinda possible.  I tried that early 2014 or so. You need to have
>> some kind of EFI-Grub2 on an sdcard iirc. Then you exit the in-built grub,
>> open the EFI shell and have it boot grub2.
>>
>> Using kopenbsd you can try to load an OpenBSD kernel, but it doesn’t work
>> out of the box.
>>
>> The serial line is not in the ISA(?) space, but memory mapped somewhere
>> else, so you do not get serial output.  The grub boot options pass the
>> actual address to the linux kernel, so that’s where you can find out which
>> one it is.
>>
>> After doing a hack to make that work, I got the following output:
>> http://gbpaste.org/Pd5Vv
>>
>> I fear I do not have the diffs and blobs anymore.
>
> If you can have grub chain to OpenBSD's boot loader, you can set the port
> address
> with 'machine comaddr'.

Yes, that is right. But it does not fix two other issues.

First, you need I386_BUS_SPACE_MEM instead of I386_BUS_SPACE_IO.  The console
is memory mapped and not accessible via outb/inb.

Second, registers need to be accessed in 4x space mode. Means, the register you
want to access has to be multiplied by 4 before accessing it.

All those issues are caused by the console being connected via PCI (puc(4)) as
far as I can see.