OK, I'm new to the concept of hotspots and why they're different from
regular APs.  I just got a phone that I can set to be a hotspot to
relay the phone's data stream over WiFi.  It works fine when I'm
booted into Windows, works like any other AP.  Under OpenBSD no luck
so far.  I can set the nwid, the bssid, the gateway (copied from
Windows) but when I run dhclient nothing.  It's like there's no DHCP
server out there, dhclient times out looking.  The phone is an Android
(4.4.2) so if I knew what I was doing I could look there.  It is
rooted and I could poke around in it.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX