Oh yeah, systemd.  The new and improved init replacement.
It sure looks less complex,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd#mediaviewer/File:Systemd_components.svg

Yeah, I know about net.ifnames=0, but that just gets you back
to the ethX paradigm.  So very "helpful" in a very generic
way.  What about the idea about actually telling me what
the damn underlying hardware is by using a descriptive
device name.  In the BSDs I know I can "man fxp" and actually
learn something about my NIC.

Any way, this was meant to be a post thanking OpenBSD
project and it's developers.  So I'll stop the rant here.

diana

Past hissy-fits are not a predictor of future hissy-fits.
Nick Holland(06 Dec 2005)