Would it be possible to modify the following values in
/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC to match that of FreeBSD's
GENERIC.hints, then recompile?  The biggest challenge is the lack of
debugging/diagnostic information or a way to get to it.

>From OpenBSD
-----
#option         "KGDB_DEVNAME=\"pccom\"",KGDBADDR=0x2f8,KGDBRATE=9600

pccom0  at isa? port 0x3f8 irq 4        # standard PC serial ports
pccom1  at isa? port 0x2f8 irq 3
-----

>From FreeBSD GENERIC.hints
-----
hint.sio.0.at="isa"
hint.sio.0.port="0x3F8"
hint.sio.0.flags="0x10"
hint.sio.0.irq="4"
-----

I know I can config the kernel to match the flags option to 0x10
instead of 0x0, but if it doesn't detect it in the first bootstrap, it
won't accept the specifications in /etc/boot.conf either.  Are there
ways to make changes to /usr/mdec/biosboot in how com0 is detected?
Am I on the right track or WAY off base?