Uwe Dippel wrote:

> Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
> > So don't use it.
> >
> > But please, I beg of you, stop your incessant complaining.
> >
> > The more you whine, the less we feel the need to change anything.
>
> Oh, my wrong. I simply thought you were with the intention to improve
> the system.

They are. However it is THEIR definition of "improve" not yours, not mine.

>And I was more than willing to help out here by pointing out
> one thing or another

I am sure that they are aware of a lot of things.
Including the fact that a lot of people have some very screwily broken
hardware. They MIGHT do stuff to make the system work with their own
broken hardware. Why should they bother to mess with your broken hardware
or with my broken hardware. A very cheap watch with an accuracy of .01%
would probably be considered unacceptable as a very cheap watch.