Hi,

i looking for a simple setup for npppd/ipsec for road warriors.
We have some clients (road warriors) with dynamic ip-adresses
connecting to a gateway by L2TP (macosx/ios/windows).

Client (road warriors) --> GATEWAY --> Internet

I just looking for a simple configuration for our openbsd5.4
gateway.

I read different howtos (like
http://de.slideshare.net/GiovanniBechis/npppd-easy-vpn-with-openbsd)
and the man page but i do not have a clue where is the problem
in my setting.

> cat /etc/npppd/npppd.conf
tunnel L2TP protocol l2tp
tunnel PPTP protocol pptp
ipcp IPCP {
    pool-address 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.254
    dns-servers 8.8.8.8
}
interface pppx0 address 10.0.0.1 ipcp IPCP
authentication LOCAL type local {
    users-file "/etc/npppd/npppd-users"
}
bind tunnel from L2TP authenticated by LOCAL to pppx0
bind tunnel from PPTP authenticated by LOCAL to pppx0

> cat /etc/npppd-users
mika:\
        :password=.huuhstetst$oN:\
        :framed-ip-address=10.0.0.101:

> cat /etc/ipsec.conf
public_ip = "1.7.15.1" #public ip of gateway
ike passive esp transport \
        proto udp from $public_ip to any port 1701 \
        main auth "hmac-sha1" enc "aes" group modp2048 \
        quick auth "hmac-sha1" enc "3des" \
        psk "2h*GL]U?{i2KdneThezZnhezpbm46^kEUyjCoYvVpttM#jMkM(i"

> sysctl | grep net.pipex.enable
net.pipex.enable=1

> cat /etc/pf.conf
pass quick proto { esp, ah } from any to any
pass in quick on egress proto  udp from any to any port {500, 4500,
1701} keep state
pass on enc0 from any to any keep state (if-bound)

Can you give me some hints.

best regards, Mika