Hey Marcus,

thans for the informations,  I just edit in my answers below .

Regards

Markus

Am 25.03.2015 um 16:20 schrieb Marcus MERIGHI:
ros...@ghweb.de (Markus Rosjat), 2015.03.25 (Wed) 13:58 (CET):
what's the usual setup these days for mailserver ?
below is only my impression of what the usual setup seems to be to me.

  I have a old machine and like to jump into the future :)
old setup:

OpenBSD 4.2
OpenBSD 5.6.

Courier
dovecot from ports/packages, LDAP flavour.

Sendmail
OpenSMTPd in base. LDAP isn't standard procedure there. But IIRC it
works. Alternatively you could LDIF export and write an aliases file
from there.

LDAP
ldap from base works for me, limited feature set compared to openldap.
sorry it's of course openLDAP I'm running

I would like to keep LDAP because I may want to migrate my mailboxes.
I do not understand the above.
In case openLDAP isn't state of the art and something else is prefered these days I would still like to use openLDAP so I can simply migrate existing mailboxes from the old system to the new system.

Bye, Marcus
!DSPAM:5512b14f32562575315746!

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT