On Sat, Apr 4, 2015, at 04:51 PM, Adam Wolk wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2015, at 04:45 PM, Gareth Nelson wrote:
> > Lenovo G700 here, only worked in X11 after disabling acpi, then it "just
> > worked"
> >

> Thanks for the input. For some reason I was able to startx into cwm
> after plugging in an external monitor.

Ok folks you are now officially permitted to laugh.

My wife just told me why! The screen had it's brightness turned down
completely.
Use the keyboard and turn that up! It works! The reason I didn't notice
(and possibly
also the OP) is because there was nothing up on the screen. When I
plugged the
external monitor in and opened up a terminal my wife noticed the barely
visible
outline of the terminal on the main laptops monitor.

Regards,
Adam