paol...@gmail.com (Paolo Aglialoro), 2015.04.15 (Wed) 03:10 (CEST):
> is there someone who already had experiences with davical in
> production on openbsd?

yes. But only for a handful of users.
What does production mean to you? Your personal caldav server? A
caldav server for hundreds of users?

> Especially interfacing with ical

yes. Though my impression is that apple changes it's caldav/carddav
implementation as it likes, causing troubles.

> and internals'/externals' invitations?

no.

> I would like to share configs and ideas.

gladly! But...

Are you sure you've chosen the right tool (davical) for the task
(caldav)? Please read the archives:

most traffic:
seldom used:

summary: original author left, project is being taken over by a
community.

If I'd have to deploy a new caldav only server (i.e. no carddav) I'd go
testing kcaldav (which I've learned about just today, thanks, Joerg
Jung!): http://kristaps.bsd.lv/kcaldav/

My current favourite is sogo (thanks sebastia@!) though this is a rather
large beast if you just want caldav.

Other options from the top of my head: baikal, radicale, owncloud (all
in ports/packages).
Even citadel (http://www.citadel.org/) does caldav, I've had that one
running on openbsd once (not in ports/packages).

Regarding davical your first task will be to find out whether the
ports/packages version is the one that works with current iStuff.
My impression is that landry@ is a very active ports maintainer but I
havent installed that port anew in years, I try to touch davical as
little as possible during OS upgrades: copy davical directory to backup,
pkg_add -u, diff afterwards. Try to keep all patches from mailinglist.

Bye, Marcus