On 2015-05-15 Fri 20:58 PM |, Barry Grumbine wrote:

> I have never used sftp, but from the man page it looks like the sftp
> commands need to be in a separate file.

Yes.

I used to have a script create batch files in /tmp,
each with the full name of the incremental dump file to sftp.

But I've found rdist. (OpenBSD uses ssh by default.)

Look at rdist(1) EXAMPLES section, &
http://www.benedikt-stockebrand.de/rdist-intro_en.html

e.g: ~postmaster/distfile:

HOSTS =                 ( box1 box2 box3 box.... )

bin:
        ~/bin   -> ${HOSTS}

spamd-trap-addresses:
        /etc/mail/spamd.trap-addresses          -> ${HOSTS}
        special "spamdba add -l -s" ;

mx-backup-recipients:
        /etc/postfix/recipients.list.box0       -> box5
        special "logger -p mail.notice rdist of ${REMFILE}" ;
..

e.g: postmaster's crontab:

RDIST_LOGGING='-l stdout=info,change,notice,nerror,ferror,warning'

32      2       *       *       Mon-Sat nice -n 18 rdist ${RDIST_LOGGING} -o
verify bin spamd-trap-addresses
5       */8     *       *       Mon-Sat nice -n 15
postfix-generate-recipients-list && nice -n 15 rdist ${RDIST_LOGGING}
mx-backup-recipients
..

Cool.
--
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it holds the universe together.