On Sun, 17 May 2015 00:20:52 +0200 Fredrik Alm <f...@fredrikalm.com> wrote:
> I’ve seen a few “whole disk encryption”
> tutorials which puts the swap outside of the partition used for the softraid
> encryption, since openbsd already encrypts the swap partition anyway. I
> assume that by putting the swap inside the encrypted partition, there will
> be performance penalties because encryption is done twice? could someone
> shed a little light on this issue?

where did you see those tutorials? i attempted this some months ago (6-7) and
it was not possible to have swap outside of the softraid. i forget what the
exact problem was (i should have taken better notes...). i believe the
system wouldn't boot properly, and i think it was because the swap partition
was on a different device.

in the end i found it easier to just leave it all in the softraid for other
reasons in addition to that issue. as to swap encryption, i disabled it. no
need to encrypt twice.