Here is some more information I can provide. When wsmoused(8) is not running and the mouse pointer starts moving to the lower left corner of the screen without any mouse being touched, I can stop it by executing:

schu...@t60.schulte.it
2015-05-17T22:52:14+0200 Sunday 137
~
$ xinput --disable 8

So disabling the "ws" driver makes the mouse pointer stop moving (by disabling the USB mouse, that is, after executing that command, only the synaptics touchpad is working afterwards). Reenabling the USB mouse by executing

schu...@t60.schulte.it
2015-05-17T22:54:50+0200 Sunday 137
~
$ xinput --enable 8

the mouse pointer immediately starts moving to the lower left corner of the screen.

schu...@t60.schulte.it
2015-05-17T22:54:55+0200 Sunday 137
~
$ xinput --list
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ /dev/wsmouse0                             id=7    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ /dev/wsmouse                              id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ /dev/wskbd                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]

Could someone please tell me how to make the "ws" driver produce any debugging information so that I can try to find a solution myself and maybe provide a patch? The issue started with 5.6 and 5.7 shows the same behaviour. It never happened using 5.5.

Regards,
--
Christian