Hey misc@,

I have 2-node CARP setup in master/backup.

carp30 configuration follows:

carp30: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr 00:00:5e:00:01:0f
        priority: 0
        carp: carpdev trunk0 advbase 1 balancing ip-stealth
                state MASTER vhid 15 advskew 0
                state MASTER vhid 25 advskew 0
        groups: carp
        status: master
        inet 155.4.x.x netmask 0xffffff80 broadcast 155.4.x.x

Then 'ifconfig carp30 state backup' is issued, carp30 becomes BACKUP for a very short period
and then returns to MASTER. advskew is 100 on the second node.

Question is if it is expected behavior? According to man I can force it to become BACKUP on the first node.

Br
//mxb