On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:13:25 +0200
Carlos Fenollosa wrote:

Moved to misc as this is borderline, even for there.

> I am a Linux user, I found some difference between the systems which is not
> in the FAQ, I thought it could be useful to add a line about it. Period. If
> that difference is better or worse, I don’t discuss it, only you do.

Many of us are Windows and Linux users as OpenBSD, Linux and Windows
all do things the others do not (I'd say least of which Linux
interestingly, but that's debateable with levels of ARM support that
Windows/OpenBSD cannot do currently etc.). I use Linux for mythtv though
mythtv breaks and pisses me off often, in fact yesterday systemd on
Ubuntu 15.04 broke it though I was going to boot from upstart anyway and
look into openrc or the linux that begins with v? and has runit as pid1.

I've recently switched from current to using the relatively new option
of mtier and release simply because keeping firefox-esr which is
required for the few sites that refuse to work with xombrero updated
has a lower interruption rate on my current work and I haven't
deployed puppet or something more automated yet.

> Fuck the patch (is that what you wanted?), but treat me with a little respect.
>
> I will not reply to this topic any further.

You could just add his mails to an email kill list.

p.s. Once installed, all that you need to upgrade after 6 months is to
verify bsd.rd and boot it from the boot prompt (a single cp command to
add a kernel! to / with no modules) and you should create a short script
from www.openbsd.org/upgrade??.html to generally remove stuff that has
been removed from base. During the 6 months you can even use openup in a
cron job to get security updates if you like. Updates are so infrequent
I prefer to do so manually and test before rollout or during early
hours.

Packages that are used less by developers will actually be more
reliable than in current but obviously newer fixes and the ability to
get help with any issues come with current.

p.p.s. food for thought, trusting a linux kernel, linux ;-) is a
multiple faceted pain