Am 08.07.2015 um 19:04 schrieb Jorge Gabriel Lopez Paramount:
Quoting Christer Solskogen <christer.solsko...@gmail.com>:

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Gleydson Soares <gsoa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great news !

As I said on the OpenBSD facebook page:
"I have to say that I find it quite ironic of all of the vendors in
the world, the foundation gets a huge donation from Microsoft which
yet have implemented it yet. Huge kudos to Microsoft." I guess the
next up is Oracle? :-)

I do not find it ironic but suspicious and a little worrying, but have no good rant since I only have contributed buying a CD set and a rucksack.

I would like to say only this: if people to not want big companies meddling with OpenBSD as it has been happening with Linux better its users support it.

Well Microsoft has learn thnings in the past and they also hired enough guys to set them on the right track. It's just logical to found something you might want to learn/get know how from. I think I just saw an interview with theo de raadt where he stated that in his opinion MS is 2nd now when it come to getting security right on there OS. I think there is still a way to go and I'm not a MS fanboy but Microsoft showed they want to learn and if this means open up (and if it's just a little) they do that. I think a good example is SAMBA , as they were forced to cooperate with the samba team they could have send some guys that have no clue but no they send guys that were decent and know there stuff becuase they wanted to benefit from this. So why not be a little happy that the openbsd project got a contribution even from MS?

but well maybe I get it all wrong ...

regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT