martin wrote:
--- Jason Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

IP - 209.216.76.1
Netmask - 255.255.255.252
GW - 209.216.77.6

Either a typo in your netmask, or a typo in your gateway, since your
gateway IP does not belong to the current netmask you assigned to
your
external IP. I have a feeling it's a typo in the netmask as that's a
very very small one.

Jason

Jason.

The figures are correct (I wondered about the unusual GW when I first
rx'd it but they said it was correct).  The thing is, I've had this
connection for a couple of years and have run a  number of firewalls
with no issue with these ie. Linux Router Project, Freesco and others I
have tested.  It is running now with a commercial firewall with no
problems.

Can I force it to accept the gateway IP ?

Regards...Martin

That setup just doesn't make sense.  Have you double and triple checked it?
It is hard to believe that it would work with anything. If it has, then there are really big problems with everything else.