> > I am not sure which settings must be changed to record with the internal
> > microphone.  When i start aucat, I can't hear anything.
>
> I've had the same trouble figuring out which set of settings control
> the selection of the internal and external microphone on my laptop.
>
> Wild guess it might be related to the way settings interact with
> each other, namely record, input select, ADC source, mix source etc.
>
> Probably these map 1:1 to the hardware features of the respective audio
> device but to me as a user that's a great riddle as well and no mixer
> program solved it for me yet (though I've not checked on that for a
> while).

Here is my audio device and mixer settings if you would like to compare
with the ones you try with:

OpenBSD 5.8 GENERIC.MP#1062 i386

azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801GB HD Audio" rev 0x02: msi
azalia0: codecs: Realtek ALC269
audio0 at azalia0

$ mixerctl -av
inputs.dac-0:1=192,192
inputs.dac-2:3=192,192
record.adc-0:1_mute=off  [ off on ]
record.adc-0:1=125,125
record.adc-2:3_mute=off  [ off on ]
record.adc-2:3=125,125
inputs.mix_source=mic2,beep  { mic2 beep }
inputs.mix_mic2=0,0
inputs.mix_beep=120,120
inputs.mix2_source=dac-0:1,mix  { dac-0:1 mix }
inputs.mix3_source=dac-2:3,mix  { dac-2:3 mix }
outputs.spkr_source=mix3  [ mix2 mix3 ]
outputs.spkr_mute=off  [ off on ]
outputs.spkr_eapd=on  [ off on ]
outputs.hp_source=mix2  [ mix2 mix3 ]
outputs.hp_mute=off  [ off on ]
outputs.hp_boost=off  [ off on ]
outputs.hp_eapd=on  [ off on ]
outputs.mic2_source=mix2  [ mix2 mix3 ]
outputs.mic2_mute=on  [ off on ]
inputs.mic2=85,85
outputs.mic2_dir=input-vr80  [ none output input input-vr0 input-vr50
input-vr80 input-vr100 ]
record.adc-2:3_source=mic  [ mic2 beep mic mix ]
record.adc-0:1_source=mic2,beep,mix  { mic2 beep mix }
outputs.hp_sense=plugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.mic2_sense=plugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
outputs.spkr_muters=mic2  { hp mic2 }
outputs.master=255,255
outputs.master.mute=off  [ off on ]
outputs.master.slaves=dac-0:1,dac-2:3,spkr,hp  { dac-0:1 dac-2:3 spkr hp mic2 }
record.volume=125,125
record.volume.mute=off  [ off on ]
record.volume.slaves=adc-0:1,adc-2:3  { adc-0:1 adc-2:3 mic2 }

I would as well appreciate if somebody could tip which set of options
would define internal and then external microphone selection.

Reference manual is azalia(4)