On 2015-07-27, Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> wrote:
> We're hurtling towards the 5.8 release and, as usual, ports and
> packages on non-x86 platforms are in dire shape.
>
> If you want to put your money where your mouth is, take a look at recent
> build logs and start fixing some of those problems.
> http://build-failures.rhaalovely.net/
> sparc64, powerpc, alpha, hppa, ...
>
> Yes, this requires skill and effort.

Some of them probably don't require that much skill, just access to the
machine arch and a little effort. Also look for BROKEN- in Makefiles.

Unfortunately a lot of the errors in these build logs would just go away
if the build was reattempted ("Error: job failed 256") so it's hard to
spot which ports have real problems from the directory indices.