Hello,

On Thu 27/08/2015 07:49, Alessandro DE LAURENZIS wrote:
> Dear misc@ readers,
>
> I have an old Canon camera (model "Digital IXUS 40"); it was perfectly
> working in 5.7 through gphoto2 in PTP mode.
>
> It doesn't work anymore in -current (5.8 GENERIC.MP#1267 amd64).
>
> gphoto2 (well, I use gtkam actually) correctly detects it, but the
> connection cannot be established. This is an excerpt of the debug
> messages:

[...]

> All those libusb errors look suspicious, but I need directions for
> further debug...
>
> Please note that concerned port versions (gtkam 0.2.0, libgphoto2 2.5.8,
> libgphoto2_port 0.12.0) didn't change b/w 5.7 and snapshots, so the
> problem must be somewhere else.

I partially tracked it down; actually, I reported a wrong info: recently
in snapshots libgphoto2 has been updated from 2.5.7 to 2.5.8; my camera
still properly works downgrading to 2.5.7

Maybe something to do with the libusb-compat/libusb1 change?

Anyone can comment on this? Antoine?

All the best

--
Alessandro DE LAURENZIS