Hello,

I have a fiber internet connection with 500Mbs download and 500Mbs upload.
I installed a long time ago a firewall with OpenBSD 5.5 with routing and
PF. But after a speedtest the line is stuck at around 200Mbs. Even when i
download a test bin the speed is around 17Mbs. After this experience i had
FreeBSD installed which doing fine with my fiber network. I have tested 5.6
and 5.7 and even 5.8 for testing any improvements in the network speed.
Does anybody now what can cause this problem? Below i have my specs posted:

*Hardware / OS*
HP DL380 G6
vSphere ESXI 6 (Updated to last patches)

*VM*
Virtual Machine 11 (Also tried 8)
Type: Other 32Bit / Other 64Bit And FreeBSD 64bit same results
1 CPU & 1 core
4GB

*What i have tried (This all had no results)*
Upgrade the virtual machine hardware.
Forward the network cards from pci slots to the VM
Different ethernet adapters, VMXNET3 is still the best which is getting the
highest speeds.
Add system tweaks in sysctl.conf & disabling PF
Use other versions of OpenBSD 32Bit / 64Bit.

Best Regards,

Patrick