On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:31:13 -0400
Michael McConville <mmcco...@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> k...@kurawa.no-ip.org wrote:
> > Adam Wolk <adam.w...@tintagel.pl> wrote:
> > > After deleting the file, restarting the service processing a
> > > single email brought the DB to reported size 37.9M, few emails
> > > later it's already reported as 113M I have a hunch that it will
> > > bloat again really fast.
> >
> > try to disable bayes, set parameter "use_bayes 0" and placed into
> > the server-wide local.cf configuration file.
>
> I administrate a mail server running Debian Jessie that uses the shell
> script method of calling SpamAssassin from Postfix. It uses a ton of
> CPU, so I don't think this is an OpenBSD problem.
>
> That said, you probably shouldn't disable Bayesian filtering. IIUC,
> that's the main point of using SpamAssassin, and it's necessary to
> block almost all spam.

Thanks, I had an initial suspicion that something was misconfigured on
my previous snapshots as I saw spamassasin being executed but never
used a lot of CPU (though it did flag 1 - literally one, email as spam
- but that's expected volume for a server with 2 accounts).

It's quite possible that Bayesian filtering started working for me only
since this snapshot. I would appreciate it if you could check the size
of your bayes_toks db & some info on general growth per email (seems to
be around 30-60M on my server) as that's the only thing I think could
be wrong with it atm. 65.3G accumulated in less than 24h for a DB that
serves around 11k emails *per month* seems a lot (and most of that
traffic are OpenBSD mailing lists).

Regards,
Adam