On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 12:08:00PM -0700, Danny Nguyen wrote:
> Has anyone succesfully created a VPN with OpenBSD v5.7 or 5.8?
> [...]

Yes. As of right now, I have

        $ ps aux | grep openvpn | wc -l
                8
        $ ipsecctl -sa | wc -l
                8

and a tinc tunnel. Tinc is not in ports, but there's a WIP port I sent
to ports@ a year or two ago.

It really depends on what you mean by "a vpn" because there's a lot of
technologies to do that. In my experience, openvpn is the easiest choice
if you want everything to work automagically on almost every platform
there is. Tinc is nice if you don't want a central node as a single
point of failure and IPsec is awesome on OpenBSD because it's extremely
easy to set up and in base.

> There are very few options on the market for that unfortunately.
> [...]

See above. There's also PPTP and what not.

--
        Gregor