On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 07:02:44PM +0200, Kim Zeitler wrote:
> I just tried updating an EdgeRouterLite to the latest octeon snapshot
> after replacing the kernel and unpacking base58.tgz
> Literally all commands lead to
>
> <cmd name>: pledge: Function not implemented

Do you try to run a bsd kernel from RELEASE 5.8 with a userland from
-current ?

RELEASE 5.8 returns ENOSYS ("Function not implemented") on tame(2) call
(which is the old name for pledge, so with the same syscall number).

Programs who call pledge(2), generally exit with error on errno.

I would be great if you can grab the kernel version echoed at boot time.
You could use `boot -c' in the boot loader, in order to enter in config
mode, and have the time to read the OpenBSD version.

--
Sebastien Marie