On 11/1/15 10:28 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>> "...push 1 Gigabit of packets..."
>>
>> Here is the logic that to me doesn't make sense. It' ok for you to
>> disagree with me, but think about it for 2 minutes.
>
> oh come on daniel, your logic is all wrong.
>
> obviously the OP has bought a full 1G of bandwidth from HE at some
> datacenter that is fitted with 7" x 7" x 2" racks, and he wants to use
> it all.
>
> unfortunately, this device is the wrong fit for his needs.  he'll need
> to buy more rackspace also.

Well your right again. If he got 7" x 7" x 2", I am totally wrong!!!

Shame on me!

He can get two and CARP them! (P>

The box is actually, 6 1/2" X 6 1/8" x 1" (:>

I just measured it...

I hope he bought power too for HE as this take a HUGE amount. May be
could run it on a small ups with no AC for it for a week before it die.

But I haven't tested that either, so I really don't know what I am
talking about other then the unit they sale for it, can only provide 24
watts max and I know it's not close to what the unit take.

But hey, if he squeeze them real good in that hole the rack will also
serve as heat sink so his concern about heat are resolved!

Anyway, back to more serious things...