On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:06:18PM -0200, Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior
wrote:
> My name is Alceu and I'm a newbie with OpenBSD. I hope I reached the right
> mailing list to ask about compiling Perl with perlbrew on OpenBSD.

Seems a reasonable place.
<SNIP>

I've successfully installed quite a few versions of perl using plenv,
not perlbrew, but I think that plenv does not run the test suite.

> Is there any change to crypt.h on version 5.8? It seems the errors are due
> differences on the interface.

Yes, we don't support many of the algorithms that the tests attempt to
use.  I should probably push this patch upstream (with improvements) but
have not yet had time.

https://github.com/afresh1/OpenBSD-perl/blob/master/patches/GOOD/fix_crypt_tests.patch

> Unfortunately I don't have the exact error messages, but I can try to
> reproduce the errors again if needed.

That would be helpful, along with specific versions of perl you are
trying to install.

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

Full-time system administration is a delicate balance
    between proactiveness and laziness.
                      --  jhorwitz from use.perl.org