On 11/2/15, Артур Истомин <art.is...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:22:08PM +0100, Mike Burns wrote:

>> > Wow, I didn't know it. I always thought it was a problem with my
>> > hardware.
>> > Is it possible to make it worked like in Linux?
>>
>> If you don't want that, you'll have to undo it:
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Emacs_Keybindings_%28Firefox%29
>
> But it's exactly the behavior that I'm trying to avoid :)
> I want crossplatform keybindings in GUI applications:
>
> Ctrl+A - select all in input field
> Ctrl+W - close tab

You mentioned Firefox, my first response was with regard
to text-input fields/widgets. e.g., address bar, search box, etc.
However, at least with Firefox, if focus is not owned by any
text-entry field/widget, CTRL+A and CTRL+W do behave as
you wish. i.e., The former selects content of the page/pane
and the latter will close the current tab/window.

Is this not what you see happen?

--patrick