On 4 November 2015 at 07:31, Alan Corey <alan01...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody have good experiences with any of the currently available
> 4G/LTE modems that start around $30 on eBay, mostly by Huawei?  I
> won't have a real internet connection for at least a year.  Right now

You might want to see if the chipset you are looking at lines up with
support under the umsm(4) device [ see
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man4/umsm.4?query=umsm&sec=4
].  Personally I don't have any of these (I tether to my HTC One when I
need internet on the go) but I have heard that everything works as intended
with supported devices.  At $30, I don't think it is much of a risk to give
it a shot, much cheaper to burn out than phones.

Cheers,

Jason.