Many thanks. I knew it was man paged / documented somewhere, just
couldn't find it.

Reason for asking?

I have a USB 3.0 device attached to a Chromebook Pixel 2015, and on
booting, SeaBIOS is recognising the same single USB drive twice, as
hd1+* and hd2*.

hd0 is the soldered SSD.

...Looks like two separate issues are occurring - the Philips drive is
being detected as both a high speed device and as a super speed
device.  I need a log with CONFIG_DEBUG_LEVEL=5 to diagnose that...

See http://www.seabios.org/pipermail/seabios/2015-November/010058.html

Edward.