On 2015-12-02 17:31, Karel Gardas wrote:
I think RAID1C is capable of detecting mis-directed write. I wrote
about it in some of my previous email.

Hi Karel,

I'll follow up on the other things in a separate email later, but, you clarify that you think RAID1C has protection against misdirected writes already - I don't understand how it works, can you please explain to me *exactly* how it can be said to be solid against misdirected writes?:

Let's assume the following nightmare scenario:

* You write data to sector X. All the physical writes for that on all the underlying disks are mis-directed (about 4 writes).

* Sector X is wiped from the filesystem cache and any other cache, except for any cached hash or checksum values that RAID1C guaranteedly stores in RAM for its whole time of operation.

 * An fread() of sector X is done.

What happens on the fread()?

Thanks!
Tinker