Tati Chevron wrote:
> I have never understood exactly why people have so much difficulty installing
> a recent OpenBSD system on an encrypted partition.
>
> Assuming amd64 or i386:
>
> Basically, you boot bsd.rd as normal, and drop to a shell.

Which nobody does for an otherwise normal install.

And then...

> If the disk you want to use previously had unencrypted data on it that you
> want to erase, you can blank the disk with dd if=/dev/zero
> of=/dev/your_device.

> Then invoke
>
> Then invoke
>
> Then invoke
>
> Make a device node
>
> Blank the first part
>
> Repeat the fdisk step

If you have done this once, it's possible to do it again. But let's be honest.
This is not obvious. At all. It requires not just knowing which commands to
run, but also extensive knowledge about how disks and softraid work behind the
scenes.