On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 02:16:12PM GMT, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> this thread has gone a long way.

Yes, it has - I'll keep it short and to the point.

> I only have a minor complaint: the network has to be set-up if one
> uses stuff from the network (or performs an upgrade without having the
> FULL cd) .

You can always perform an upgrade from a mounted disk, i.e. the one you
have your system on.

> I need to drop to shell, configure the network card, exit and then
> just procede with e.g. upgrade.

Sounds like a corner case/specific need - I have both installed an
upgraded using the network and the only time I have to drop to a shell
is when I don't use ifconfig(8)-provided options and use a script.

Raf