On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:25:07AM +0100, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> working remotely on openbsd from OSX terminal has always had the
> inconvenience that on macbooks there is no proper PgUp or PgDn key and that
> they must be substituted by Fn+Up or Fn+Dn combinations, which, when
> coupled with Shift key, usually do not work.

Um, does for me.

> Recently I found that using iTerm2 I can easily configure the keys so that
> Shift+Fn+Up/Dn do obtain the wanted effect within a normal terminal session
> :)
>
> Nevertheless, also with iTerm2 (does anybody else have experiences with
> it?), the problem remains in tmux, because Ctrl+B and then Fn+Up/Dn does
> not lead to the desired effect. Is this due to tmux or what? When tmux is
> detached scrollback returns to correct functioning.

Works for me on all the systems I use tmux on (not just OpenBSD).  I'm
also on iTerm2, on a MacBook Air.  No special configuration of tmux or
iTerm2 done.

When you say "desired effect", you mean "scrolling up and down", right?

Andreas

--
Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, Uppsala, Sweden

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]