> On Dec 26, 2015, at 4:15 PM, Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi Jordon,
>
> Please send future diffs to tech@; misc@ is for trolls ;)

Will do.

>> I'm still not sure why the first four ports give the probe message
>> and the second four don't.  If this is adequate testing, feel free
>> to add this.  If more testing is preferred, let me know what to do.
>
> The card is actually based on the Oxford OX16PCI954 chip.  This chip
> has 4 integrated UARTs and an expansion bus that can be used to
> connect additional UART chips.  On your Perle card, that functionality
> has been used to add 4 more serial ports.  But they're not identical
> to the integrated chips so it isn't entirely surprising the FIFO size
> isn't the same.

Ok.  In that case, I won’t worry about it.

> Anyway, I'm integrating the changes.  Please test things after I've
> committed my changes to make sure things still work.

I just pulled in the latest i386 snapshot and installed it on my dev system
(dual core P3 Tualatin)
On booting the CD, i noticed that it identified the card but did not configure
it.
After installing and booting, it loaded it just fine.
I ran a quick test on a single port at 115200 and it worked fine.

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Thank you much for doing this!

I also have a couple RocketPort cards but in looking at the FreeBSD driver, I
see that this is a whole different beast.  If there is enough demand for this,
I would be willing to send a card to someone interested in porting the
driver.

Jordon