> On 01/02/16 18:03, Christoph R. Murauer wrote:
>> Hello !
>>
>> Could someone tell me please, where I could find more informations
>> about the following message in /var/log/messages ?
>>
>> Jan  3 00:48:38 thinkpad-w541 /bsd: urndis0: urndis_decap invalid
>> buffer len 1 < minimum header 44
>
> I think its due to an ethernet header not being of the correct size.

Thanks for your answer.
I think, the message came because this device doesn't work with the
urndis driver. It is no complain against the driver or OpenBSD - I
simple like to know, what causes the message (a Android table before,
doesn't show the message). Because all other things works in round 99%
and, the device itself provides no options to change.

>> Jan  3 00:49:13 thinkpad-w541 last message repeated 8 times
>>
>> The ThinkPad is connected over USB with a TP-Link M7350 LTE modem.
>> Internet is configured using /etc/hostname.urndis0 which contains
>> only
>> the line dhcp. /etc/pf.conf is unmodified and, kept as after
>> installing 5.8 -release.

I tried to add to pf.conf the line

match in all scrub (no-df max-mss 1440)

from The book of pf without a result (maybe it was the wrong idea).

At the end, I added one TP-Link USB micro Wi-Fi adapter and the
message wasn't shown again. It is not perfect but it works (it is
simple the wrong hardware).