On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 06:40:13PM +0000, Mark Carroll wrote:
> On 04 Jan 2016, Jason McIntyre wrote:
>
> > traditionally the 2nd was described as a bank holiday. now banks are
> > open on this day. some businesses shut.
>
> It still is a bank holiday, see
> https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays#scotland
>
> Neither my Dundee employer nor my bank (Clydesdale) were open for it.

well i did say it depends who you work for.

> > let's just leave it that for people on this calendar, 31st is hogmany
> > and the 1st is new year's day. days off are no longer inviolate/
>
> The calendar does list others though, like St Andrew's Day.
>
> -- Mark

yes, fair point.

since the extra day is already listed (albeit on the wrong day) i guess
craig's diff is probably ok for the first hunk. i don;t really like it
though - it looks as if we celebrate new year's day on the second, not
the first. it is a holiday for some, but calendar is not so much
concerned about designated days off (please no one mail me exceptions).

i'd rather just zap it to be honest.

jmc