On 01/30/16 17:48, Lô Baret wrote:
Hello, I recently installed OpenBSD 5.8 amd64 for the first time
(default install options all the way) on my laptop (Thinkpad X200s)
and everything went well until I tried to startx another window
manager than the default fvwm.

startx launches fvwm correctly but whenever I try with another window
manager with startx /usr/bin/mywm (i3 or awesome or cwm) I get this
error. I've looked for my wm packages in /usr/bin/ today and found
nothing (???) but it seems to be still present on the system (don't
know how to find package location)

anything that comes out of packages (or ports) tends to land somewhere under /usr/local, so the binaries you're looking for will likely be in /usr/local/bin.

Other than that, pasting the error message (minus the hostname) into a favorite search engine produces a number of potentially useful hints.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/