On 2016-02-02 01:23, Karel Gardas wrote:
Tinker, adding block number to sector data and calculate chksum over
this should be relatively easy. I'll ping you once I send another WIP
patch to tech@ so you will get a chance to hack on it...

Besides this, I've observed you are huge fan of ZFS. Perhaps even
better for you may be to work on proper zfs-fuse port to OpenBSD?

Dear Karel,

Great thanks!

I have one more question about RAID1C:

Does it have any feature for load-balancing of read operations between the different underlying media?

E.g. evenly split between underlying disks but with adjustment for disk's recent average IO operation time.

Also what if either of the underlying disks breaks down completely for both reads and writes, and starts randomly taking excessive amounts of time for an IO operation, fails altogether as in won't even detect anymore, or returns IO errors - would RAID1C automatically quickly learn to use the well-behaving disk/-s only for reads and even stop writing to it, and also could RAID1C be manually forced to use only certain disks only - what happens in that kind of worst-case scenario?

Thanks again,
Tinker