> Good news: no need for sudo.
>
> $ less /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/xfce-4.12p2
>

> Logging out and shutting down the computer
> If your installation supports complete shutdown, clicking on the logout
> button on panel will permit you to either logout, rebooting or halt
> the computer.
>
> Halting and rebooting require consolekit and policykit: you'll need to
> run a systemwide D-BUS service (add messagebus to pkg_scripts in
> rc.local) and pass --with-ck-launch argument to startxfce4. If you run
> a systemwide D-BUS service, have consolekit/policykit installed and
> don't use --with-ck-launch you will not be able to shutdown/reboot.
>

> That should do it :)

Personally I would use doas, it should earn a better security record
than sudo which has a much smaller vulnerability list and more
secure design than policykit, especially considering how long sudo has
been around.

If you run policykit for other things anyway then you obviously
wouldn't bother, I guess.

--

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable