Hi,

On 03/07/16 23:38, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 03:11:24PM -0800, Simon McFarlane wrote:
Hi,

I'm running today's snapshot on an HP EliteBook 9480m. Everything works
great, aside from the audio. I get no sound when I plug my headphones in,
though the internal speakers work when the headphones are not plugged in
(they mute themselves when the headphones are inserted).

I'm good to test patches if anybody has any ideas that might help fix this.

Output of mixerctl -va:
inputs.dac-0:1=126,126
inputs.mix2_source=dac-0:1,mix  { dac-0:1 mix }
outputs.hp_source=mix2  [ mix2 mix3 ]
outputs.hp_mute=off  [ off on ]
outputs.hp_boost=off  [ off on ]
outputs.hp_eapd=on  [ off on ]
outputs.mic2_source=mix2  [ mix2 mix3 ]
outputs.mic2_mute=off  [ off on ]

try to toggle outputs.hp_boost and/or outputs.hp_eapd and possibly
crank inputs.dac-0:1 to 255

do you still hear nothing?

Out of those, only changing inputs.dac-0:1 to 255 had any audible effect. I heard a very short buzzing sound from my headphones intermittently. Nothing that sounded like what I was trying to play.