On 2015-12-26 19:23, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2015-12-26, Mohammad BadieZadegan <mbzade...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody,
I need a network packet generator that generates Network Packets with the
HIGHEST Speed!
Before I migrate to OpenBSD I used PKTGEN on Linux to generate this with
the highest speed level.
At this state I need one tools BUT on the OpenBSD.

There's tcpbench (in base; does udp as well as tcp) or netblast (part of the netrate package). I don't think you will get anywhere near pktgen speeds
though.

Is that netmap (http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/netmap/) useful in OpenBSD?

No.

Stuart, what's your motivation for thinking so? -

NetMap is a zero-copying high-performance ethernet frame IO API that works via select() and ioctl on an FD and a linked list of memory buffers.

Perhaps there are some X11-style weaknesses in the security model, but, at least as an optional feature in an OS, what do you see that is not perfect or reasonable about it (in particular in OpenBSD's current absence of someting to fill the same function)?