Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Webkit1-based browsers (Luakit, Midori, surf, Vimb and Xombrero) use
> unmaintained engine, so nobody fixes even known issues.  People who care
> about security should probably avoid these.

I heard the developer of Surf (Webkit-1 based browser) say that he
suspects that Webkit2 is still a worse option to use than Webkit1 even
if you acknowledge that Webkit1 is EOled. There is some work being
done in a Webkit2 version of Surf, but he said that Webkit2 was likely
a bigger problem than a Webkit1 with known unpatched issues.

I have not checked the facts so I can't back any of these engines, but
I thought this post was going to be relevant to the conversation.

--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint:
BB5A C2A2 2CAD ACB7 D50D  C081 1DB9 6FC4 5AB7 92FA